Sunday, January 3, 2010

Change

So my New Year's eve was literally the best one I've had in eight years. I have always had such high hopes in New Years past and every year I would be sadly disapointed....year after year. I was disapointed because things never changed....as much as I changed on the outside and the inside, nothing else did. As much as I tried to be optimistic it just ended up the same....which was just misery.

So enough about the bad stuff!!! What a great way to start the New Year....good friends, new and old...new hopes, new dreams...and new expectations.

As far as my new changes go....my son is also dealing with the changes as well. He is adjusting great...better than I expected but when you have a negative energy in the house and then have it removed....you feel a sense of relief I guess. That's what he feels I think...relief. Now all i can do is pray protection over him every time he makes his weekend trips....that's the hardest part for me...watching him go and not being able to shield him from anything while he is away....But I have to trust that God can protect him and as long as I still teach him the difference between right and wrong...the ugly inappropriate stuff will have no place in his life!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you Amanda! I'm happy for the change and I pray that you and Preston have a wonderful 2010!!! I'm so thankful for you and your friendship! Love you!

    ReplyDelete